- This event has passed.
August NSA-NM “Deep-Dive” Workshop [HYBRID]
August 20, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm MDT
NSA-NM MOST-REQUESTED TOPIC!
Master Storytelling for Better Speaking
with Craig Valentine, MBA; World Champion of Public Speaking
3-Time Mid-Atlantic Salesperson of the Year (Glencoe/McGraw-Hill)
Co-Author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller, World Class Speaking in Action
What is the absolute most important skill you need in speaking? It is the ability to tell your story and sell your point. This is due to the following truth:
“When people buy into your story, they buy into your message.”
In Daniel Pink’s groundbreaking book, A Whole New Mind, he emphasizes we are moving from the “Information Age” into the “Conceptual Age.” People need a way to filter through a daily avalanche of information. Hence, they look to concepts as shortcuts. Who wins in this new age? Those who sell concepts win. What’s the best way to sell concepts? Storytelling.
In this powerful and interactive program, Craig Valentine shares tools to help you…
- Keep audiences on the edge of their seats with your stories
- Uncover humor that keeps your audience laughing throughout the speech
- Connect deeper than most speakers ever will
- Get your audience to take the next step you want them to take (connect and convert)
- Become the kind of speaker others line up and sign up to see
This is one interactive program you cannot afford to miss! Turn yourself into a storytelling champion and watch as opportunities become abundant for you.
About Craig Valentine, MBA
Craig Valentine, MBA, an award-winning speaker and trainer, has traveled the world helping speakers, executives, and salespeople turn their presentations into profits. Known as the Master Storyteller, he is a professional speaker and has spoken in the United States, Taiwan, Canada, Jamaica, Qatar (Doha), England, Bahamas, Hong Kong, China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, South Africa, Japan, and Ireland, giving as many as 160 presentations per year. He is the 1999 World Champion of Public Speaking for Toastmasters International, winning out of more than 25,000 contestants in 14 countries.
Craig is also the co-author of the Amazon.com #1 Bestseller, World Class Speaking In Action.
He has used his speaking success formulas to:
- win Salesperson of the Year (3 times) for Glencoe/McGraw-Hill’s Mid-Atlantic Division
- become an award-winning management trainer for one of the most prestigious and largest seminar companies in the United States (averaging an industry-leading 5.85 on a 6.0 rating scale)
- produce sales years of 233%, 157%, and 152% of goal for Glencoe/McGraw-Hill
- sell more than $8 million in educational resources in a single year
- win the Rising Star salesperson award as a rookie with Glencoe/McGraw-Hill
- win Events Manager of the Year for the National Small Business Council
- win a Congressional Achievement Award from the United States Congress for excellence in communications
- earn the Distinguished Alumni Award from Johns Hopkins University
- receive hundreds of speaking awards from Toronto to Taipei
- help the United Way of Central Maryland exceed its $45 million fundraising goal in the year 2000 by training their Loaned Executives to present with influence
- Run an employment academy for homeless men in Baltimore City. During his tenure, Craig and his team had a 100% job-placement rate.
Craig is the President of The Communication Factory, LLC, which is an award-winning company that helps people present and profit. A partial list of Craig’s clients include: Amazon, American Payroll Association (APA), Bloomberg BNA, Boston University, Circuit City, Department of Veterans Affairs, DuPont Pharmaceuticals, HSBC (Hong Kong), Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), McDonald’s Corporation, NASA, National Security Agency (NSA), National Speakers Association (several chapters), Raytheon, Social Security Administration (SSA), Texas A&M University, U.S. Department of Justice, United Way, University of Houston, University of Michigan, and more!
Craig Valentine is the author of the groundbreaking book, The Nuts and Bolts of Public Speaking, Co-Author of the book, World Class Speaking, and contributing author for the books Guerrilla Marketing on the Front Lines, Success Secrets of the Social Media Marketing Superstars, The Speaker’s Edge, and Guerrilla Marketing Remix. He has an MBA from Johns Hopkins University and he is certified as a Co-Active Coach and a Guerrilla Marketing Coach. Craig is also the Co-Founder of the World Class Speaking Coach Certification Program which certifies speech coaches around the globe. He is the Founder of the Speak and Prosper 6-Week Series, Co-Founder of the World Class Product Creation Program, and Founder of Craig Valentine’s Speak and Prosper Academy. Most recently, Craig founded the Inner Circle for Speakers.
Craig has two kids and just one wife.
Your Consent for Use of Photographic Images & Recordings
Registration and attendance at, or participation in a National Speaker Association New Mexico Chapter events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to NSA-NM’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes.
PLEASE NOTE — This is a HYBRID EVENT.
Both venue location and zoom info can be found on the ticket you’ll receive via email.